Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday's

Okay, so here goes... starting to put all the thoughts out there again. Madelyn goes to "school" on Wednesday's and Thursday's. Mason is such a wonderful baby. Don't get me wrong, Madelyn was a great baby but this little guy!? What a dream, 95% of the time. (There's always that "I'm going to scream because I am overtired and can't get to sleep moments, hence the 5%) And for us, that 5% is nothing compared to Madelyn. BUT everyone says you can't, shouldn't and don't compare children. BUT isn't it just human nature to compare things?! Let alone children. At every playgroup you attend its a constant, what does your baby do? I'm not saying its all bad. I think its a good way to validate what you are doing is right, right for YOU! Not everything is for everyone. And by no means should a Mom judge another Mom for any of her parenting decisions. You (or me) aren't the ones dealing with that baby. I can have an opinion and I think thats normal. I may think a choice another Mom makes isn't right. I guess I mean right for me. We all make parenting decisions and must live with those choices, please just don't complain about them I guess is what I am saying. Oh boy, did that ever get off my original topic for this post... MASON! I'm still breastfeeding him. Its been going awesome so far. Much easier than with Madelyn and he gets a bottle a day which gives me a break. I don't think I would have hung on if he was like Madelyn. He stretches it out, he's very efficient, and quite content when done eating. And by efficient I mean he's done in 10 minutes. I was concerned at first, because it was so different from Madelyn. I was worried that he wasn't eating enough but clearly as you will see in some pictures (bare with me, this software is all so new) he is definitely not lacking. He's gaining weight, growing and thriving. He's such a happy boy. Smiling and "giggling". I put giggling in quotations because its still so new so its a baby giggle. He's in his crib now[insert tear]. I was so ready to get him out of my room and out of the bassinet. I was not sleeping well at all. He's a big grunter and mover. Madelyn went for a sleep-over at my parents so we took the opportunity to move the crib out of her room. She has been sleeping in her toddler bed for over a month, maybe longer[time just smushes together] but was reluctant to let the crib go. So we moved it out while she was in daycare and set it up a few days later in his room. When I was closing up the bassinet, I got a little sad. This is very likely the last baby for us. So, to be folding it up forever, FOREVER, is saddening. Even though, I am completely finished at two babies. Final decision hasn't been made. Ha! We'll see in a couple of years. I always wanted to be done having babies by the time I was the big 3-0. I am in my thirtieth year as I type this. I have a healthy daughter and a healthy son... I'm complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment