Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm hugging my healthy baby a little tighter today. Last night Nick and I were reminded of how lucky we are to have had a healthy baby. Sure, my labour was a little rough near the end and we were in a "HAVE TO GET HER OUT" state and the vacuum was used... but once that baby was out and healthy all that seemed forgotten, to me anyways. Nick reminded me of how scared he was when they told us her heart rate was dropping and it was very clear that he hasn't forgotten. I look back at my labour through a blurry, blissful vision. Completely disregarding how important and scary her heart rate dropping actually was. Its crazy how your memories can become a little distorted from reality. To make it better than it really was. However, my labour was nothing like a good friends of ours their sister just went through. Her little baby is in the NICU and we are not sure what's going to happen. Babies are little miracles and its amazing what they are capable of pulling through. I will be praying her little baby makes a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment