Thursday, August 12, 2010

Feelings and thoughts re: her first sleep over

I didn't give a true update to Madelyn's sleep over at my parents house since I have been so consumed with formula, gas and poop. She has truely been a poop master since yesterday morning and she's now got quite the rash to prove it. I can't stay on top of it! I swear I am changing her all the time! I think those BioGiai drops are working a little too well.

I was super paranoid about leaving her at parents house because she was so awful the night before and I really didn't think it would be fair to pawn her off on my Mom when she so clearly wouldn't sleep through the night and cried most of the night before BUT my Mom reassured me that everything would be fine. So, I did it. I left her with my parents. Nick had a great birthday night out -- way way way past both our bedtimes, at one point I wish I could have pulled the heavy and said "We are going home, NOW" but it was HIS birthday so that would not have been fair. So, we stayed out until the wee hours of the morning, walked home and went to bed. I woke up at 8am and was like "aww I miss my my babe" I tried for about 30 minutes to get Nick out of bed to go get her. I was anxious to see how her night went -- more importantly to see how my Mom and Dad's night went. Was she a pain the a$$? Did she sleep for them? I really hoped she did not keep them up all night crying.

We went to get her and walked into my parents home to find my Dad rocking on his chair, this is the usual typical spot and you can guarentee this is where he will be 99.9% of the time, and Madelyn sitting on the floor at his feet chewing on a toy and watching some retro cartoons :0) and as soon as she saw us her face lit up. Awww, the relief. She knows us and is happy to see us. I inquired and of course, my Dad said nothing but good things and yes, she didn't sleep through the night, but no she didn't cry all night either... phew! We were both relieved. Especially since my parents are going to be watching her on 21st since we are going out of town for a wedding.

To be completely honest, and lets be serious, I am not sure if I know how to not be... it was really nice to have a little break away. I know, it makes me kinda feel like a bad Mom mentioning that but in reality everyone needs a break from a 24 hour job every now and then. I think it was good for all 3 of us to get away and take that time. The true test will be on the 21st since we will be leaving mid-morning and not returning until mid-afternoon the next day. That will be a true test. We will have 3 full meals away from her and a stay out of town... not going to lie I am kind of anxious for it! A 2 hour car ride without a tear! Back to the good old days of taking car rides and chatting... used to be our favourite thing. Now its usually, on long rides anyways, one of us driving while the other one tends to a screaming babe. Oh how life has forever changed. For the better, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment