Sunday, August 8, 2010

Had to make some Changes

Okay after WOWZERS .... this post should be titled - Major Baby Freak out session causes Mommy to have major Mommy Freak out session.

I thought that nap the other day was tough... boy was I in for it on Thursday night. She was up every hour, crying, carrying on. I didn't know what was wrong with her... her teeth? her tummy? her runny nose?

She would not sleep through and she seemed like she was really in pain. I was a wreck. I ended up calling my doctors office after hours clinic and they recommended me seeing a doctor that same day. Especially since all this could be being caused by her formula. Great, right? As if I didn't have enough guilt as it was.

I got in to see a doctor at the clinic which was great news. As the appointment was getting closer I was starting to feel like maybe I was just being a paranoid Mom. The doctor is totally going to tell me she's just teething and I'm being retarded. But like Nick said - lets just get some reassurance.

Well, reassurance we did get - that my worst fear was true. She was probably having a reaction to her formula based on everything I was saying about her behaviour. Now, didn't I feel like a moron. Now, I was right, all this was MY fault. All the pain she was in, the gas, the runny nose. All because of me!

We switched her Friday right after that DR appointment. I cried all the way to Walmart. I don't want to start pumping again, but how could I be so selfish about it. Something I am still struggling with. I feel much better about it today (2 days later).

She seems to be doing so much better. Her sleeping is starting to get back to normal and she isn't all snot faced either. I know so many people have to switch formulas before finding the one that works best but its so hard to put the little one through this. To see her freaking out and not be able to fix the problem right then and there and make the hurting go away is heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment