Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good Morning Heat!

Yikes! Thank goodness we have A/C or I would be cooking! It is way to hot for me these days...its 24 with a humidex of 32 and its not even 9am yet!! Madelyn and I will be enjoying the view of the outdoors today. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0109

Still trying the "solids". Oatmeal isn't going exactly how I thought it would and I am going to keep giving her spoonful or two every morning just to keep the routine of the highchair going. Madelyn, even if she doesn't "eat" a lot, will entertain herself in the chair long enough for me to enjoy a tea -- now, I need to start eating breakfast as well so maybe tomorrow I'll force myself! LOL Why is the best meal of the day so hard to get down? I love eating at 9pm and could eat the entire fridge but trying to get that toast with peanut butter down...argh! Let me tell ya is a whole other story!

We went to our first swimming class last night! I think I had more expectations than DH (dear husband, Nick). I thought she would be more excited and at first she was a little scared, which completely surprised me since she loves her baths so much. She did warm up to the idea after she got over the coldness (is that a word?) of the salt water pool. I was surprised it was a little chilly. Her adorable little swim diapers worked great too! https://canshop.motherease.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=12&cat=Swim+Diapers Madelyn has the Splashing Daisies which I purchased from www.ecobabies.ca (AMAZING store - they have completely been a godsend when its come to diapering Madelyn) I should mention I use cloth diapers... I should do an entire post an ode to cloth diapers! I think I will :) Now back to swimming... ha! So easy to get side tracked when there is so much on your mind to share. Overall, Madelyn did wonderful at swimming. We don't have a picture :( Not allowed to bring cameras into our public city pools - I was mad at first but I understand there are a lot of creeps out in the world and I wouldn't want a picture of Madelyn in her swim suit out on the internet if it weren't on my terms (as we know I use Facebook!) As I was saying... Madelyn got a little cold and was a bit leary at first but she got the hang of it by the end of the half hour so we are really looking forward to bringing her back on Thursday. Seems like everything we join lately there are a lot more little girls then boys. Weird. Do Mommies of little boys just not join stuff or there just a lot more girls being born than boys?

Maybe later today while Madelyn naps I will post about diapers as I think its such an important thing to use cloth and it is so easy! REALLY! But for now I am going to go play on with her on her mat and encourage the rolling over! She's getting to be quite good at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment