Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday, Monday...

Another fast weekend is over and I know that for sure because Madelyn slept great Friday and Saturday and of course not last night!

Nick is on duty every Saturday night and of course those are the nights she'll consistantly sleep from her dream feed (10:30pm) to about 4am. I ended up getting up with her early Sunday morning because I figured Nick had just gotten to bed (we had some friends over for a little fire and drinks). But like clockwork on Sunday night...12am (Monday morning) hits and she's waking up needing her soother, 2am rolls around and she's up again refusing the soother so I feed her and she only eats 3 oz (clearly she wasn't hungry enough)... she did better today and slept through the 4am and woke up at 6:45am. Not horrible, I know! LOL BUT it would be nice if on a night that it was all me and I get to bed at a reasonable time it would be nice to have that 6 hour stretch of sleep. Oh well, she'll get it eventually right? (Have I already said that in a previous post, feels like deja vu!)

I have to admit though, in the last two months Nick isn't a bear anymore in the middle of the night like he was when Madelyn was first born. I used to dread asking him for help in the early mornings because he would be awful. We both were not morning people so at first it was very hard going on NO sleep but I seemed to have adjusted quicker because I had to. Nick took a few months but now he's great! Often times starting the bottle for me, or even the odd time just saying "I'll feed her you go back to bed".

I must say I do have, not only a wonderful husband but, an amazing partner through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment