Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Introducing Solids :)

Wow! Okay, what a tough call when it comes to introducing "Baby's FIRST food"... There is so much info out there and so many "expert" opinions... that you can really get lost as to what to give first! I am a complete mess sometimes when it comes to "Am I doing the right thing?" I always second guess myself because "AAARRGGGHHH" I read too much. (My husband will be happy I admitted that!)

The "new" recommendations are starting Rice Cereal first. Okay, but most Mom's that I have conversed with said their babes got a little constipated with this first food... not exactly my idea of a good time!

So, this past Sunday, after much debate I started with Oatmeal. I should also mention that you should be starting solids at 6 months, and yes, I decided to go with my gut (I think I may have found it!!) and start her 5 months and 1 week old.

Madelyn can sit up now (my babe is getting so big way too fast! Sitting early, proud but sad all at the same time!) so I strapped her in her high chair made a quick little bowl and tried it. It was humourous as maybe she's not quite ready but we've fallen into a morning routine now, and I get to enjoy a tea while I feed her in her high chair.

This is day 3 of the "new" food and so far no reactions! I am going to have to try rice too... maybe that wil be tomorrows adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment