Monday, July 26, 2010

Holy Moly we've hit 6 Months!!

I cannot believe that she's 6 months old! (Ok it was officially yesterday but it was super crazy day...)

I've made my goal of exclusively giving her breast milk for 6 months! I know in my head I have to be so proud of myself for sticking it out and lasting this long as I'm sure you know, breastfeeding was the hardest thing I have ever done in my whole life!

Yesterday, every bottle I gave her was more of 75% breast milk to 25% formula... every bottle was a little different but for the most part its 50/50. I am pleasantly surprised about how I feel. I felt free yesterday! No worrying about pumping in the morning - I got to sleep in! We had a very full day yesterday with visiting my mother-in-law and my parents. I packed up a bottle of breastmilk and a bottle of formula and just mixed it as I needed them. So far she hasn't reacted to it -- maybe she is a little more gassy than normal but we also gave her zucchini last night at dinnertime... what a hoot! Much better than the plain and boring oatmeal she's been getting. She ate the entire two tablespoons I kept aside for her. I don't think she loved it but she ate it nonetheless.

I ended up pumping last night before bed. I am thinking I am going to pump once a day for a little while longer as its not to hard to figure out a time to do it. I am going to take it in stride and pump when I get a chance. Whether it be at night or first thing I don't have to stress about pumping anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment