Wednesday, July 21, 2010

House Hunting = Disappointment

So, why is it every house seems to be somewhat, if not a total, disappointment. We weren't even going to start looking but with every mileston that Madelyn hits, Nick gets more and more sentimental about her doing these important things in "our home" and he wants "somewhere to hang his hat". Which I completely understand but at the same time once you get hit by the "bug" its hard to stop looking and then its deciding exactly what we're willing to give up to gain. A small yard = nice house or crappy house = big yard...our "littler" budget doesn't help us either.

And managing going to all these viewings with Madelyn in tow seems a bit hard. Trying to work around her naps when she doesn't exactly have a schedule until she wakes up (then I can kind of guestimate) but usually the showings are set up the day before. But honestly I can't complain, she has been great through the first 4 houses we've been to. I just hope the Madelyn streak keeps up but I just wish I could close my eyes, snap my finger and pooof the house appears out of mid-air.

I know we'll find it. I just have to be patient. Something that I must admit, is not one of my virtues.

No comments:

Post a Comment