Saturday, July 10, 2010

Night out for Daddy = Movie night in for Mommy

Nick left yesterday afternoon to visit his cousin in Toronto...and... I was supposed to pump before he left but it completely slipped my mind and I was like f%$# I have to pump at 5pm when I was trying to get Madelyn to take a nap before meeting my brother-in-laws for dinner at 6pm. Needless to say it wasn't a long pump, she didn't nap and I ended up taking her in the car at 5:20pm so she would nap before heading to the restaurant.

But overal last night Madelyn slept great! It took me about 20 minutes to put her down but by 8:30pm my sister-in-law and I were watching Alice in Wonderland - the Tim Burton versionn - and enjoying a Corona. The movie was a little bit hard to understand them at times as I was constantly turning the volume up then turning the volume down. So frustrating, and I now want to watch the Disney cartoon version to compare. I've always remembered Alice in Wonderland being my top Disney picture but now... I don't remember it! Ha! Funny how things do come back to you though. I must say the acting in the movie was fantastic though. After the movie was over it was time to give Madelyn her dream feed, pump and head to bed.

Madelyn slept right through until about 4:40am and I got up gave her a bottle, put her back down, pumped and tried to go back to bed; however, my two monster dogs and mischievous cat kept me up for another hour! I finally got back to sleep just before 6am and Madelyn woke up bright eyed at 7:30am. I totally got robbed out of that hour!

Oh well, maybe this afternoon when Nick gets home I will grab a nap as tonight is my night out with some ladies.

Its sunny out and I need to get us ready for Kindersign! Enjoy the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment